Walla Walla YMCA is open!
We are excited to see you again! We are currently working on a phased reopening plan that strictly adheres to guidelines and mandates from state and local health officials. At this time, we are in Phase 2 of the Governor’s Safe Start Washington plan.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN PHASE 2
- Only Members – no guest passes.
- Social distancing as you enter, move about, and exit the facility.
- A health screen at entry – temperature check and 5 questions.
- Sign an updated waiver form (only need to sign one time).
- Reservations required for Wellness Center, Stretch Area, Group Ex Classes and Aquatics.
- Reduced capacity in all programs.
- Additional online exercise class options (outdoor classes coming in Phase 3).
- Locker rooms will have limited access to restrooms and hand washing only.
- Racquetball, handball courts 1 and 2 are temporarily closed.
- Closed Sundays for deep cleaning.
- Action Zone, Kids Korner, and YCCY are temporarily closed.
- Showers, saunas, and jacuzzis are temporarily closed.
- Therapy pools are temporarily closed.
- Towel service is unavailable.
- Water fountains are bottle fill only.
- Coffee will be temporarily unavailable.
- Staff will be wearing face coverings. Members are required to bring their own due to the Governor's mandatory face covering order.
- Schedule changes. Check schedules for class and youth program availability.
- More cleaning. Members will be asked to wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entry, and clean the equipment they use. Staff will be disinfecting equipment and common areas.
- More signage regarding social distancing, hand-washing, sanitization of equipment, etc.
Let’s first check your account. We need to do this for you at our Membership desk– where we will confirm the name, birthday, phone and email that we have on file.
If you use a hyphenated name mYTime only recognizes one. Please try both with and without hyphen and one last name only.
If you share an account with a partner or family member, please speak with Membership Services to get each individual phone number and email in the system.
Please type in your name as we have it in our membership records. For example, if your name is Barbara but you go by Barb, myTime will only recognize the name we have on file.
mY Time scheduling opens each day for the following week.
If you do not have an email address please use firstname.lastname@example.org, which you may also find on the website under myTime.
Please call us at 509-525-8863 and we will help schedule you.
Please let us know and we will take care of the cancel.
Yes, each hour and each day.
Currently, the schedule opens up weekly and you should be able to reserve weekly through Saturday. We are closed Sundays.
Please scroll down to the individual Wellness Center zones. For information as to what equipment is in each zone please see the link on the website.
During Phase 2 please scroll down to lap swim. Therapy pools, open swim and aquatics group ex are not available in Phase 2.
We understand the frustration. Our goal in offering the soft opening is to provide as many hours in the day and options as possible so members can begin getting back to the Y. We are happy to help you find a time that works for you.
As a condition of Phase 2 and 3 the state requires that we have everyone sign the consent/waiver.
You are asked to come in with suit on and leave with it on since locker rooms are for restrooms and hand washing only.
In Phase 2 classes are limited to group of 5 plus instructor.
Those classes will begin in Phase 3 at Howard Tietan Park. No reservation requited. Remember to bring your mat and water bottle!
On June 26th, an order that mandates the use of cloth face coverings in most public areas goes into effect.
Some people should not wear cloth face coverings:
- Children under two years of age
- People who have disabilities that:
- Prevent them from comfortably wearing or taking off face coverings
- Prevent them from communicating while wearing face coverings
- People who have respiratory conditions or breathing trouble
- People who have been told by a medical, legal, or behavioral health professional not to wear face coverings
Link to: DOH Guidance on Cloth Face Coverings
Temperature Checks & Pre-Screening
All members will have their temperature taken prior to check-in, and staff will also receive daily temperature checks. Members will also complete a health pre-screen prior to entering the Y.
Respect all signs regarding social distancing. Stay at least 6′ away from others.
Expected Reduced Capacity
Equipment, classes and the facility will be organized to allow for social distancing to comply with CDC guidelines. Reservations will be given priority. When the facility is at capacity, members will be asked to wait outside until space is available.
Wipe Down Equipment
Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe equipment before and after your workout. The Y will be adhering to rigorous cleaning and sanitation standards. Besides being cleaned every night, the Y will be closed on Sunday for cleaning.
Wear Your Mask
Staff will be wearing masks. We ask that members wear their own masks or face coverings, except during strenuous exercise.
Stay Home If You Are Sick
If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
Thank You For Your Cooperation
We want to keep our doors open and serve our community. Doing so means taking serious measures. Any member who fails to comply with personal safety and social distancing policies may be asked to leave. We thank you in advance for your patience and support.