The Y offers preschool (ages 2.9 months to 5 years) and school age care (ages 5-12) at the Y in Walla Walla, and in Milton-Freewater at the Freewater School.
A CARING PLACE
Children are encouraged to use their creativity, develop new skills, work and play with peers. We believe that families come first and we work to meet the needs of you and your child. Our COVID-19 prevention measures are designed to provide children a clean environment where they can learn and flourish!
WE WELCOME CHILDREN IN
- K-5th (distance learning)
- After school
Y CHILD CARE PROGRAM FEATURES
- Walla Walla and Milton-Freewater locations
- STEM-based activities designed to build skills, friendships and belonging.
- Emphasis on safety precautions, health, social growth and academic enhancement; we offer a nurturing learning environment under the supervision of our qualified, professional staff.
- Nutritious snacks provided in the morning and afternoon.
- Programs promote our core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.
YOU CAN TRUST
We know that when you go to work, you want to be sure your children are in a caring and enriching environment. That’s where we come in! The Walla Walla YMCA offers high quality before and after school care for children. We are honored to serve children and youth from 14 elementary and middle schools across three school districts in both Walla Walla and Milton-Freewater. We are proud to be the largest onsite nonprofit provider of childcare in the Walla Walla Valley.
FOCUS ON CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
As with all YMCA programs, our focus is on character development. Whether creating a work of art or playing a team-building game, we instill our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
FINANCIAL AID IS AVAILABLE
YMCA child and youth care staff understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids. They support and encourage children and youth, foster friendships, teach new skills, and have fun!
OUR SITE DIRECTORS
- Are experienced and qualified
- Meet or exceed state licensing requirements for education
ALL YMCA STAFF:
- Are background checked annually
- Receive first-aid and CPR certification
- Receive ongoing professional development, training, observation and support
- Have been trained in infectious disease-prevention procedures
REGISTRATION & INFORMATION
To register and for more information about the Y's Walla Walla Child Development Center and Milton-Freewater Child Development Center, contact:
Shawniene Bingham, Director of Child Development
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 509.525.8863
or stop by the Y Membership Services Desk for a registration packet
Kids Korner at the Y
(currently unavailable in Phase 2)
Drop your child off at Kids Korner while you enjoy a great workout! Our amazing, trained YMCA staff will supervise your child – providing fun toys, coloring and free play activities. There is a daily 2-hour limit per child.