We Make a Local Difference
The Y is dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults and families.
We believe that when we work together, we move individuals, families and communities forward. Since inception, the Y has provided programs responsive to society’s most pressing needs by uniting people from all walks of life to deliver lasting personal and social change in the region.
We are pleased to collaborate with other area support organizations that offer unique solutions that share our mission of building a strong and healthy community.
We believe that with connections and support, everyone, at every age, can make healthier choices.
We are committed to improving the health and well-being of individuals, families and organizations by providing inclusive and comprehensive programs.
At the Y, one in seven residents in our community receive support, guidance and the connection they need to get and stay healthy.
We believe in cultivating the potential of every child and teen. The Y creates safe, structured environments for young people to do and become their best.
Through high-quality programs grounded in youth development theory, we harness our community’s investment in kids in Walla Walla and surrounding towns. The Y is often the first employer for young people entering the labor pool.
The Y is a Community Resource
Today, the Y is the largest onsite licensed nonprofit childcare provider for children ages 3-13 in the valley. We challenge our teens with Y-Tunes, E-Sports, Leadership, Cooking, Dance, Art, Wellness, and more Youth Engagement programs. At the Y, youth learn values, positive behaviors, explore their talents, and build teamwork and self-confidence. No child is ever declined program participation due to inability to pay.
The Y also serves:
- Community organizations, providing volunteers and resources to assist nonprofit and for-profit groups
- Adults, particularly Veterans and those recovering from illness or surgery for whom the warm pools are therapeutic
- Businesses and churches whose staff are First Aid/CPR trained by the Y
- Organizations like United Blind of Walla Walla and Girl Scouts that use the Y’s space for meetings and activities
- Schools that host graduation parties at the Y
- Community sports leagues, college students, Walla Walla Swim Club and the Walla Walla Sweets that benefit from use of the pool, gyms and fitness center
- Those who may need the gift of life, supported by American Red Cross blood drives at the Y
- The community at large in the event the Y’s designation as an emergency shelter is ever needed
- Children through the Salvation Army Angel Tree and holiday gift giving programs, and Seniors with letters and Cards of Kindness
Y Volunteer Program
Volunteer today to give others a brighter, more hopeful tomorrow.
Giving your time to volunteer at the Y is a rewarding and fun way to support neighbors, strengthen community, and connect with other amazing people. There are many ways to contribute, no matter the interests or schedules. To get started, please submit the Volunteer Application Form. Download this form to fill digitally or print and return to the Y.