The Walla Walla YMCA is dedicated to the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and committed to building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind and body.
We are a cause-driven organization that believes a strong community can best be achieved when we invest in our youth, our health and our neighbors. We do this through our attention to:
- Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- Improving our communities’ health & well being.
- Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Opportunities for All
- We are for everyone. Our programs, services and initiatives enable kids to realize their potential, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a community-wide service ethic.
We are strongest when we strive to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive at the Y. We accomplish this by valuing the diversity of everyone’s personal beliefs, respect the rights to those beliefs, and honor our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Our YMCA’s Features
- 3 Full Court Gymnasiums
- Handball/Racquetball Courts
- Large wellness center with state-of-the-art cardio & strength training equipment and trained, helpful staff
- 25-Meter Pool
- 2 Warm Water Pools
- Drop in Child Care Center for ages 6 weeks–6 years
- Youth Action Zone for ages 6-18 years
- Men’s & Women’s Center Locker Rooms including Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi
- Family/Handicap Locker Rooms
- Group Exercise Rooms
- Outdoor Track & Field
- Climbing Wall
- Technology Learning Center
The Walla Walla YMCA was founded in 1886 as the town was evolving from its early years as a frontier outpost to become a thriving farming and business center. From its earliest years in a variety of locations, the Y provided a gathering place for leisurely get togethers and reading. In the early 1900s funding was secured to build a new facility at South Second Street to provide sports, reading rooms, sleeping quarters, practical talks and swimming. In the 1970s a campaign was initiated to raise funds for a new facility, where the original high school resided. This is our current location, in which we have continued to expand both space and programs over the years. For generations, the Walla Walla YMCA has served as a cornerstone of caring for youth, individuals and families. The Y has provided countless memories to young men and women who spent hours playing basketball, camping, and swimming. The history of Walla Walla includes the important role that the YMCA has played in shaping generations of well-rounded youth and future leaders of the community.