Employment Opportunities at the Y
At the Walla Walla YMCA we’re committed to providing a superior work environment that offers challenges, flexibility and fun. We help employees maximize their strengths and enhance new skill areas so they can build successful careers while making a meaningful impact in the community. As one of the area’s largest non-profit community service organizations, we offer many ways for individuals to use their talents to make a difference. We welcome you to come join our Y family.
The Walla Walla YMCA strives to provide a work environment that is committed to sharing the values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, through programs that build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. To fulfill our goal, we strive to recruit, develop, and maintain a diverse workforce committed to:
- Serving others.
- Building strong relationships.
- Incorporating YMCA values into our everyday work.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE Y
We provide a supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow and contribute. To this end, employees shall experience:
- A fun work environment.
- An opportunity for professional growth and development through YMCA provided training programs.
- Use of Facilities (Must have 10 or more hours each week).
- Staff discounts on programs and services.
- Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
- Competitive benefits package for qualifying staff.
The Walla Walla YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY FOR A CURRENT OPEN POSITION:
1.Print out an employment application form.
2.Complete the application and remember to sign and date the application. Resumes and/or cover letters are optional unless requested.
3.Submit your application to Human Resources. You can mail it, fax it or turn it in by hand.
The Walla Walla YMCA is looking for highly motivated, flexible and enthusiastic individuals who can work in a busy environment to fill the following part time positions:
All positions start at $11.50/per hour unless otherwise noted
Each position is open until filled. The YMCA offers individual YMCA membership plus family discount on most programs as a benefit to part time employees.
Walla Walla YMCA is accepting applications for the following positions:
- Swim Lesson Instructor
We are looking for people who are willing to work hard, and ready to be part of an amazing staff at the YMCA.
Hiring for afternoon, evening and weekends.
- At least 16 years of age
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Reliable, responsible, willing attitude, and mature.
- Great customer service skills
Swim Lesson Instructor
Hiring for evening shifts
- Should be at least 16 years old
- Responsible, reliable, mature, willing attitude
- Great with children of all ages
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience preferred, but will train the right person
- WSI certified a bonus!
- High School graduate or Senior
Seeking a Male Counselor for the YMCA After School Program!
Are you interested in working the kids ages kindergarten through 5th grade and 18 years or older? Do you want to make a difference? We have a position available for the position of After School Counselor. Under the direction of the After School Coordinator you could be a part of our After School team providing a safe and structured environment for learning and developing. Application deadline September 21. Job description listed below. Hiring a male for this position is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ) due to the need to accompany groups of male youth in locker rooms for swimming, etc. The position is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 2:30-4:30 p.m.