AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD TRAINING
An American Red Cross training program that provides the skills and training necessary to obtain a job as a professional lifeguard. Class training includes CPR, AED and First Aid certification. Please plan to attend all class dates and hours. Make-up classes are NOT offered except in extenuating circumstances and by arrangement with the instructor. Passing requirements and number of classroom hours are regulated by the American Red Cross. Paying for and participating in the course does not guarantee certification.
Contact: Erika Miller,email@example.com, 509-525-8863
Ages: Sesson 1, must be 15 years old by final day of course (April 8).
Session 2, must be 15 years old by final day of course (May 20).
Spring 1, 3/18 – 4/ 8,
Days: Sundays, 3/24 and 3/25, Saturday, 3/31, Monday, 4/2, and Sunday, 4/8
Times: Weekends, 9 AM – 4 PM and weekdays, 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM (Must make all classes!)
Spring 2, 4/28 – 5/20
Days: Saturdays and Sundays
Times: 9 AM – 4 PM
* We must have a minimum of 5 participants for class to run.
We will cancel class and provide credit/refunds should we not meet the minimum participation requirement.
Please note: This class is designed with a large group in mind. Should class size be smaller, class may
finish earlier. Those, who for religious reasons, must miss Saturdays, please contact Aquatic Director Erika
Miller. Participation in the course does not guarantee a certificate. All participants must pass all the
requirements set by the American Red Cross.
Registration Deadline: 3/11 & 4/21
AMERICAN RED CROSS WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTION
WSI trains instructor candidates to teach all of the courses presented in the Swimming and Water Safety program to all age groups; all of the courses listed above, plus Learn-to-Swim Levels 4-6 and Adult Swim. This certification is the gold standard and provides the most comprehensive training for swim instructors.
During our swim instructor certification training courses you’ll learn how to help individuals enjoy their time in the water safely – and in a wide range of ways. Throughout the courses we’ll focus on a number of key areas that can help you succeed as aquatics instructor, such as:
- Water safety at public pools, homes, natural bodies of water and more, including the Circle of Drowning Prevention and Chain of Drowning Survival.
- Hydrodynamics, including why some things float, resistance to movement and creating movement in water, swimming efficiency and laws of levers.
- Basic safety, survival and swimming skills to help children gain water competency.
- Helping people with disabilities and other health conditions enjoy the water safely.
Water Safety Instructors will also learn how to teach:
- Higher-level swim skills that help prepare people of all ages for any aquatic activity.
- Stroke mechanics for all competitive strokes as well as starts, turns and headfirst entries.
- Water safety certification courses, including Safety Training for Swim Coaches and Basic Water Rescue.
- Fundamentals of diving from a diving board.
- Aquatic fitness and training for people of any age.
Note: In order to participate in Basic Swim Instructor and Water Safety Instructor certification classes, participants must be at least 16 years of age by the end of the course.
Dates: 4/13 – 4/29 Contact: Erika Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-525-8863
Ages: Must be 16 before the end of the course
Times: Weekends, 10 AM – 3 PM and weekdays,TBD please contact Erika Miller
Fee: $250 unless taking the Lifeguarding Course from the YMCA. Then there is a 25% discount. Total for both courses $300.