Become a Member
When you join the Y, you’re coming together with men, women and children from the Walla Walla Valley who are committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We know firsthand how difficult it can be to find balance in life. That is why we’re here with you every day, making sure that you, your family and your community have the resources and support needed to learn, grow and thrive.
With the Y, you can be assured that any activity in which you, your family or your child engages – from child care to family swim to sports to camp – you’ll have a safe, positive environment to play and to discover.
We are a community with the everyday mission of helping you achieve a balance of spirit, mind and body. We do that by encouraging good health habits and fostering connections with new and old friends through sports, fun and shared interests.
Monthly Membership Rates & Fees
|Membership Types||Rate|| Joining Fee|
|Youth (through age 13)||10.75||-|
|Youth (Age 14-18)||21.75||- |
|One Adult Family||49.00||30.00|
|Two Adults Family||84.00||60.00|
Joining Fee is waived for members age 65+.
Membership rates are reviewed by the YMCA Membership Committee and Board of Directors and are subject to change.
Family Memberships are defined as all persons living in the same household as a family. Youth members (18 and younger) may be included on a family membership at no additional cost, but must qualify under the Family Membership Policy.
The YMCA is a great place for kids! We welcome all youth to the Y and we are proud to fulfill our pledge that no youth is ever denied the opportunity to participate due to an inability to pay. Drop-in participation at the Y is not intended to substitute for full time childcare. Please use the following guidelines when planning your child’s participation at the Y:
• Youth ages 7 and under must have DIRECT supervision by an adult at all times.
• Youth ages 8-10 must be accompanied by a supervising individual (age 14+) who remains in the building. The supervising individual does not have to be in the same area as the youth. The youth may sign themselves in and out of the program areas if required and must follow the age restrictions posted for specific areas.
• Youth ages 11 and over are not required to be accompanied by a supervising individual, but are subject to the age restrictions posted for specific areas.
• All youth ages 10 and under will be required to be in a program if unaccompanied to the Y. The Action Zone will be considered a program area with a maximum stay of 2 hours for unaccompanied youth. The recommendation is that drop in visits for unaccompanied youth at the Y are limited to 3 hours maximum. This policy is in place for the child’s safety and overall well-being.
Center Locker Rooms
For an additional fee of $20.50 per locker per month or $215.25 annually, adult members can upgrade their membership to include the Men’s or Women’s Center. This includes a personal locker with a combination lock, towel service, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi and TV room.
As a member of the Walla Walla YMCA, you are entitled to the following benefits:
• FitStart: A free personal fitness program and meeting with a trainer.
• A friendly, caring staff to help you at any time.
• A family friendly environment.
• Free adult group fitness classes.
• Open gym, swim, racquetball, basketball and volleyball.
• Reduced member pricing for swim lessons and a variety of youth and adult programs.
• Free adult and family activities
• Water exercise classes for adults and seniors.
• Access to over 2,500 participating YMCAs worldwide as a part of AWAY (Always Welcome At Y’s). If you’ll be away from home, simply visit www.ymca.net and search on “Find Your YMCA” to see participating YMCAs.
• Opportunities to volunteer in Y programs and advisory roles.
• Making new friends with similar interests.
• Being a part of a community.
Account Drafting Dates and Cancellations or Changes
The Walla Walla YMCA drafts all memberships on the 15th of each month (or next business day if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday). The draft covers the current month in it’s entirety (i.e. the January 15 draft pays for January 1 to January 31). Any changes to drafting information or cancellation must be received in writing by the 1st of the month in order to be effective for that month. 30 days written notice is required to cancel or make any changes to a membership. Forms to change information are available at Member Services. Membership Annual Renewals A renewal notice will be mailed to you midway through the month prior to your expiration date. Membership anniversary dates cannot be extended. If you will be gone for extended periods you will be required to sign up for a monthly membership plan.
Members are asked to present their YMCA membership card every time they use the facility. Program participants must check in at the front desk to gain entrance to the facility. This policy helps to assure that only valid YMCA members and paid class participants are admitted and helps to assure safety and security for everyone in the facility. If you don’t have your YMCA membership card, you will be asked to wait until you are typed in for entry. There is a $5 replacement fee for lost cards.
Members are allowed one guest per day. The same guest may visit a total of two times per year. After two visits, that person must purchase a membership or pay the Day Use Fee. The Y may limit guest usage at times of high activity to members only. As a benefit of membership, members may invite out of town family and friends to visit the Y as a guest up to one week.
If you are unable to use the Y due to injury or illness, you may put your membership on a medical hold. A letter from your physician stating you are unable to perform regular activities at the Y is required at the time the hold is initiated. Medical Holds are only allowed if slated for specific time period (i.e. 6 weeks as opposed to “6-8 weeks”) and require sufficient notice in order to be implemented, must be submitted with doctor’s note by the 1st of the month. Regular membership draft will automatically restart after the hold expires. If you do not know how long you will be unable to use the Y, we recommend cancellation of membership and to restart it when you are able to return. We will gladly waive your joining fee in these circumstances.